Friday, November 14, 2014

Summer of Fun

This summer has been interesting but a lot of fun. I have really wanted to get out and do a lot but it is also hard with kids so young and so close in age. I only dare go places by myself where I can keep really good tabs on Kinley. It has been a little more laid back summer than normal but has been very enjoyable. We have played at the park, gone to Thanksgiving Point, went to Montana for Bryan and Julia's wedding, gone to the splash pad, gone to the cabin, attempted boating a few times, went to the Parker Family Reunion, went to the Living Planet Aquarium and had fun with family and friends.  It has been awhile since I have posted so here are some updates on everyone.

Brady: Brady got a promotion at work and will start in that position this Sept. He is such a hard worker and I am so proud of him. He is constantly working on projects and fixing this or that (I love having a handy-man husband). He is currently helping to finish our basement and it will be so nice to have it done. Brady won a weight loss competition at work a few months ago and lost a total of 32lbs! He is very competitive and I knew he had a great chance of winning because of that. He got too skinny in my opinion but after the competition he went to a good weight. He has enjoyed a little bit of horse riding and boating this summer but I'm sure would like to have gotten out even more. 

Lucy: I have mostly been trying to figure out how to manage two kids so close in age. I quit working as an x-ray tech the end of December and it has been a big adjustment for me to not be working anymore. I have loved being able to be home with our kids and am grateful I am able to do so. I have slowly been trying to somewhat decorate our new house and make it more "homey". I have enjoyed doing some crafting projects.including re-upholstering a chair that belonged to my Grandma and Grandpa Blackham.  I however have so many more projects I would like to start on.

Kinley: Kinley has been a lot of fun this summer and loves being outside as much as possible. She loves going to the splash pad, pool and basically anything with water. She loves to run and play in the dirt and rocks. She is starting to really talk a lot and pick up on new words. We have been trying to take her to nursery at church and she loves it but only if I am in there with her. She has learned to throw tantrums which I guess is payback for all the ones I threw when I was little. She is so sweet with Bryson and loves to talk to him and give him hugs and kisses. She is still a very good eater and has all of her teeth except for two on the bottom. She doesn't go down for naps on her own but is pretty good at night. She really has the cutest and most fun personality and we love her to pieces!

Bryson: Bryson is now a little over 4 months old. Time is flying so fast with him. He has been in 99% of weight and height since his 2 month well check. He is only 4lbs smaller than Kinley. He is the happiest kid and so loveable. At 3 months he started rolling over and pretty much instantly rolls to his stomach any time I put him down. At 4 months he has discovered his hands and loves to grab at toys. He will not take a binky but loves his thumb. He still wants to wake up every 2 hours at night to eat and is currently in the process of learning to sleep a little longer so mom doesn't go insane. He loves to coo and we have gotten him to laugh a few times. I have started trying baby food and cereal with him and so far he loves it. This chubby kid is so fun and I am so glad he is in our family.



















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment