Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Kinley's Big News



Kinley has some exciting news to share.....

We thought the onsie described the situation perfectly and
her expression shows her true feelings about it well.



Brady and I got a bit of a surprise in July.  Brady kept waking up in the
middle of the night and asking where are the kids. I kept saying we
only have one, but he started to freak me out. He always says weird
things in his sleep but I just had a strange feeling about this time. After
second or third night of him saying this I decided to take a pregnancy test
and it was negative. A few days later I had my friend that works in ultrasound
scan me to double check and she didn't see anything either. However I just still
knew something was going on so a week later I took another pregnancy test
and sure enough it was positive. It had been too early before for my friend to see 
anything and for the previous test to detect anything. It was about a week before
Brady's birthday so I decided to wait and tell him then. I sent him on a little
scavenger hunt and he got a big surprise at the end. Even though this was a 
surprise we are so excited to be adding to our little family. 



P.S. IT''S A BOY!

I also decided to surprise Brady with the gender since he is the hardest person
in the world to surprise and this is the only area I have the upper hand.
I went and got Chinese food one night and slipped my own fortune into
his cookie. I typed a little paper that said "snakes and snails and puppy
dog tails, that's what little boys are made of" He opened his cookie and
said that's weird I got two fortunes (I couldn't get the other one out). He read 
both and just put them to the side. I said oh that's weird what did it say again.
He read it again and again set it to the side. I said read it one more time. By
then he realized something was going on but it still took him a minute to 
put it all together. It was really fun surprising him and we are really excited
for a little boy. He and Kinley will only be 15 months apart so I may
be in the loony bin for the first while but I wouldn't have it any other way.
I am due April 3 and am glad to be having a baby when most sicknesses
are hopefully over for the most part. I was so paranoid with Kinley that
she was going to get sick because she was born in the middle of winter.

1 comment:

  1. Such good news! Lucky kids that get to be so close together. My little sister, Michelle, is 16 months younger than I am and we were always best friends. You are a tough woman Lucy! I really don't think I could handle having kids that close together. But you are a natural, so it will be great! Love Kinley's onesie :) And a great birthday surprise for Brady!

    ReplyDelete