Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jr Prom

I grew up in a place where jr prom is a pretty big deal. Most people are facinated by it when they hear about it. Prom is held on a Friday and Saturday because one night is boys choice and one night is girls choice. They usually ask a date by decorating their room or with some cute little poem of thought Each day is an all day event with an all day date followed by the dance each night. The whole county comes to the high school and watches as each junior comes out with their promenade partner and is anounced by name. Then once everyone has been anounced they promenade (a choreographed dance) around the gym. They usually spell out NS for north sanpete and also the year they will graduate. The girls are all in decked out gowns and the boys are in they tuxes. This year was my baby sisters prom so I went down to watch and had a lot of fun.
Aubrey and her good friend Mykelin
Doing the promenade
Aub with my mom and dad

Siblings

2 comments:

  1. What? How is Aubrie a JUNIOR?? I just about fell out of my chair when I read that! Too bad I missed the prom this year- I think the last one I went to was ours :) Fun times! Miss you Goose and congrats on the Duplex! Can't wait to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lucy! I just found your blog through Jessica Knudsen's. Gotta love NSH's promenade! Hey I have a blog but it's private, it you want an invite send me your e-mail. (You don't have to if you don't want to though, no pressure, haha.) schristensen22@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete